Latest Job PostingView all
Hand Therapist - PT/OT
Latest NewsView all
2016 ASHT Annual Meeting Sessions
ASHT is currently seeking sessions for the 2016 Annual Meeting in Washington, DC, September 15-18, 2016.
Visit the Submission Site
The deadline to submit is January 15, 2016.
Winter 2016 In Hand Newsletter
Check out the Winter 2016 In Hand newsletter, now available in the Members section.
Login is required. Once logged in, select 'Newsletters' from the Member menu on the left.
Already logged in? Go there now.
Free Access to the Journal of Hand Therapy!
CSHT membership has gained an exciting new benefit... free access to the Journal of Hand Therapy! This new benefit will apply only to renewing members or new 2015-16 members.
Welcome to the new Employment Opportunities page of the CSHT site. If you have an opportunity that you would like posted here, please email it to us.
Hand Therapist- Physiotherapist/Occupational Therapist
Position: Hand Therapist- Physiotherapist/Occupational Therapist
Temporary Full Time (x1) approximately 12 months
Dept/Health System: Hand Program: Acute Hands/Plastics
Queensway Health Centre
Hours of Work/Shifts: Primarily Monday to Friday 8:30am-4:30pm
- Registered to practice with the College of Occupational Therapists or College of Physiotherapists of Ontario
- Certified Hand Therapist credential preferred
- Membership in a profession specific association preferred
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience in treating hand and upper extremity injuries and conditions in an ambulatory care setting – both surgical and non-surgical preferred
- Experienced in upper extremity mobilization techniques and splinting required
- Experience providing services to third party payers including WSIB
- Experience with functional ability evaluation, return to work strategies, work conditioning and pain management considered an asset
- Evidence of continuing education, professional and personal development is required
- Reliable, flexible, creative, self-directed professional able to work effectively and collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team
- Exercise initiative and good judgment with ability to multi-task
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal, time management, organizational skills and communication skills – including report writing skills
- Provision of acute/Plastics Hands and WSIB Specialty Hand and Wrist program assessment and treatment services
- As an active member of the rehabilitation team practising within a modified hand delivery model, is responsible for providing expert upper extremity assessment, goal oriented treatment interventions, education and support to address medical and emotional needs
- May be assigned to WSIB Specialty Clinic Assessments and would be responsible for the generation and submission of formalized reports within specific timelines
- Supervision of OTA/PTA support personnel
- Provides therapy services in keeping with the respective College guidelines and standards of practice
Participates in continuous quality improvement and evaluation.
Contributes to the overall vision/mandate of the Neuro/MSK Health System
If interested in this opportunity- Please apply directly to: